Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Momento - Media Review No. 2


I started watching Momento without having any idea what it was going to be about, nor the plot line to it. In watching the film, I was very confused as to what I was watching, until I came to the end and the pieces somewhat fit; even then, I had to ask what it was about. It was confusing - and a bit dull starting - and I could easily see a viewer getting impatient or annoyed to the point of not following through to the end. The concept of the movie was an interesting one, one that, had I read about it, would be interested in seeing; but the way the plot was presented is what put me off. I found the movie a bit plain and uneventful. The plot is shown going in bits and pieces backwards to add more intensity, but had it been played forwards, I think it would've been rather boring. Playing it in reverse isn't going to change that. In my opinion, the movie concept was intriguing, but it had so much more potential than the way it was portrayed. Not to mention the main actor could've been quite the stud, sans the bleached hair.


Seriously, look at the difference:


No comments:

Post a Comment