Sunday, June 5, 2011

Eternal Sunshine of a Fantastic Movie - Media Review No. 4


For anyone who had an average romantic movie in mind, Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind would be far from expected. Along with it's fantastical concept of being able to erase memories, as well as the unique film structure and quirky romance, this movie was the best love story I've seen. The plot was interesting and the concept was intriguing, and it was done in such an artistic way that it captured my attention immediately. No doubt Jim Carrey did not make big bucks for this movie, but he performed it anyways, and he did an excellent job considering the previous roles I've seen him in. As surprising as it is for me to say it, I don't think anyone could've done better in this role than Carrey. He added a well-fitting quirkiness and awkwardness that brought a smile to my face, and fit the role fantastically. The cast was well chosen, the plot was near-perfect, and the special effects were believable and fit in perfectly to what they were representing (ex. the spotlight and darkness representing fading memories). Overall, I truly enjoyed this movie, and will no doubt sit down and watch it again myself just to properly appreciate it out of classroom curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment